Frequently Asked Questions

 For Teachers

Yes, first we’ll send you an offer with few details like salary and start date. Upon acceptance of the job offer, you’ll get a detailed contract.

In most cases, you’ll sign a contract with the school.

You’ll have to reimburse the school with all costs incurred including working permit/residence permit and health insurance paid for you. Some schools have penalties on breaking the contract.

You’ll arrive here with a work visa stamped on your passport by a Turkish consulate from your home country. The work visa/ work permit is school specific. It cannot be changed easily.

Most contracts will be bi-lingual, in Turkish and English.

All salaries quoted are net to you. School pays the taxes and health insurance cost.

It depends on schools, your credentials and experience. Just to give you an idea, it could range from $1200 to $2000 USD per month.

Salaries are paid on monthly basis. Usually schools pay on 10th or 15th of the following month. If you started working on 1 september, you’ll get your salary for September month on 10th or 15th October. You’ll get your salary for October month on 10th or 15th of Novermber.

Perhaps first month it would be paid to in cash but once your work permit arrives it will be wired to your bank account.

No, schools usually do not pay advance payment. You should have enough money to cover your first month or 6 weeks.

School will send you a contract to sign and all papers will be sent to Turkish consulate in your country. You’ll be issued a working visa by the consulate. Upon arrival in Turkey you’ll get your work permit card. If you’re hired while you were already I Turkey then you need to have your residence permit first then school will apply for your work permit. Most schools help with residence and work permit procedure and costs involved.

That depends. In most cases, you’ll enter on a work visa. You can always enter Turkey on tourist visa and it takes 5 minutes to get an online visa at this site Once in the country, schools will file your work permit.

School will file on your behalf and cover all costs.

Yes, most schools respect foreigners religious holidays. You’ll also get Turkish holidays.

It varies from schools to schools. At the most you’ll teach 30 hours per week and no more. If you agree to teach more hours then schools will pay you overtime. However, most schools require that you’re present on campus from 8:30am-5:30pm, Monday thru Friday.

School will help you. English department head will assist you.

Kindergarten 5-6 years. Primary 6-10 years, Secondary/Middle school 11-14years, High school 15-18 years. These are just approximate age group.

You’ll work Monday thru Friday. Some schools have their parents-teachers meeting or specials events on Saturdays, you’ll be required to attend those. They are very rare.

18-24 students on average.

The department head will assist you.

Some schools provide with all lesson planning and ready quizzes and tests. Sometimes you’ll have to do the lesson planning.

We will provide with you with all the details. We feel that it is a big decision to make before moving to a different country and you should have all the information at your exposure before making that move.

Some schools do provide housing. Some provide some sort of housing compensation and while the others do not.

Yes, our team would be more than happy to assist and guide you to make the right decision. Please do not sign any rental contracts before arriving here or paying any advance fees to landlords without seeing the apartment in person. Pictures on the net usually looks good.

We can assist you. Most landlords that advertise to foreigners do speak enough English.

Airport is expensive, so only convert small amount of cash at the airport. Later you can convert foreign currency at shopping centers or downtown for a better rate.

You’ll be provided with a health insurance from the school but that will start once your work permit has been issued. It also takes a month or two to get you in the system for health insurance. We have negotiated great bulk rates for health insurance companies.

Only a handful of schools reimburse airfare or provide airfare.

Yes, but only for 60 days then you need to register your phone with authorities. Our team can assist and guide you.

All you need is a copy of your passport and you’ll be able to purchase a local sim.

It depends on what you consider different. You’ll have to decide for yourself. Check out these links to get a better idea.

You must have a bachelor’s degree in any field and a teaching certificate.

Bachelor’s degree in English teaching, English literature do not require a teaching certificate.

TESOL / TEFL / CELTA / DELTA / TRINITY are all acceptable as long as it is a minimum of 120 hours.

You can hide your profile from search pages/schools with the "hide my profile" button on your admin panel. Please contact us to completely delete your account.

Have a question? Contact us.